Welcome to the English department digest. Published on Fridays, the department digest provides a comprehensive list of events for the upcoming week.
If you need to look further ahead, be sure to check out our calendar.
Week of October 13-19
Wednesday, October 15
Faculty: Book Orders for Spring 2015 are due to the bookstore.
Thursday, October 16
The Marilyn K. Cory lecture series presents Susan C. Herring, who will deliver her lecture, “E-grammar, or What Digital Communication is Doing to the English Language,” in RB 125, beginning at 7:00 PM.
Friday, October 17
Susan Herring will be available to talk about her research, 12 noon in RB 361.
Faculty: Schedules for Fall 2015 due from Area Chairs. New Deadline: Monday, Oct. 27
Don’t forget to share what you learn each week on Twitter and use the hashtag #bsuenglish. Tweet of the Week wins a flash drive or a great book. Faculty and students are both eligible to win!
Next week’s prize book is: No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy.
Mark Your Calendar
- Fall Break: Monday, October 20 and Tuesday, October 21.
- Visiting Author: Michael Martone: Thursday, October 23, 3:30-4:45 PM in RB 361
- English Graduate Programs Open House: Saturday, October 25 from 10-1 in RB 292. Register here.
- Career Week for English Majors: Monday, November 10 to Friday, November 14. Check bulletin boards and social media for details!
- Visiting Author: Michael Poore: Wednesday, November 12, 7:30 to 9 PM in LB 125.
Check out what happened last week in our Storify.