For over a decade the BSU Creative Writing Program’s In Print Festival of First Books has brought three authors who’ve just published their first book and a literary editor/publisher to campus for a two-day event featuring a reading, classroom visits, and a panel discussion/Q&A on literary editing and publishing.
This year’s festival, to be held in the Student Center Ballroom from 8:00-10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28th and Thursday, March 29th, features poet Carolina Ebeid, fiction writer Nick White, creative nonfiction writer Jan Shoemaker, and editor/publisher Kristen Elias Rowley.
Here is a detailed schedule of events:
Wednesday, March 28th
- Carolina Ebeid: Katy Didden’s ENG 308: Intro Poetry Workshop in RB 290
- Jan Shoemaker: Jill Christman’s ENG 406: Advanced CNF Workshop in RB 361
- In Print Reading, reception and book signing (*remember to bring your books!) in the Student Center Ballroom
Thursday March 29th
- Carolina Ebeid: Mark Neely’s ENG 408: Advanced Poetry Workshop in RB 361
- Jan Shoemaker: Silas Hansen’s ENG 406: Advanced Creative Nonfiction Workshop in RB 361
- Nick White: Sean Lovelace’s ENG 407: Advanced Fiction Workshop in RB 361
- Kristen Elias Rowley: Mark Neely’s ENG 489: Literary Editing in RB 361
- Panel discussion, reception and book signing in the Student Center Ballroom